We believe unlawful discrimination is never okay.
Discrimination occurs when an individual or a group of people are treated less favourably than others based on a protected characteristic such as age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership (in employment), pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief (including lack of belief), sex or gender, sexual orientation.  
If you think you have experienced discrimination, you can use Report and Support to raise concerns and access support. 
Making a report
·        University of Hertfordshire Report and Support. Students can report an incident using the University’s Report + Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously, or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor, they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence. 
·        University of Hertfordshire complaints procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff, there is a procedure that sets out the steps you’ll need to follow. 
Getting support 
·        You can access support through Report + Support, or directly by making an appointment with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Office, who will talk you through your options.  
·        If you have experienced discrimination in Halls of Residence, you can contact the Student Support and Welfare team for an appointment. Email: studentsupport@herts.ac.uk 
·        For support with your mental health and wellbeing, you can self refer to Student Wellbeing here. Alternatively you can email studentwellbeing@herts.ac.uk or call on 01707 284452.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened