Non-urgent help and support for sexual violence

At the University (You can contact one of the advisors below through Report and Support or go direct):
·        Student Support Advisor (EDI and Sexual Violence): to make an appointment please contact the Student Support Advisor (EDI And Sexual Violence) through or via 01707 284453
·        Student Support and Welfare (on or off campus student support) If you are living in University accommodation and need assistance, help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We also have a dedicated Community Liaison and Support Officer who is responsible for the welfare, discipline and pastoral care for students living in privately rented accommodation, off campus.
All of the University teams above will talk you through the options available to you and support you through approaching external services or reporting to the Police or Student Disciplinary procedures if this is something you decide to do. 
External Services:
·        Herts SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) 0808 178 4448 or email The SARC offer medical, practical and emotional support to anyone who has been sexually assaulted or raped. They have specially trained Forensic Nurse Examiners (FNE) and support workers to care for you.
·        Hatfield Sexual Health Clinic. Open Monday-Friday at the Hatfield Centre, Queensway, Hatfield, tel: 0300 008 5522. You can access STI testing, emergency contraception and crisis support here. 
·        Police 999 (emergency) 101 (non-emergency). If you’d like to report online, rather than speaking to an officer by telephone in the first instance, you can do so securely and confidentially.
·        The National Male Survivor Helpline: 0808 800 5005
·        Rape Crisis National Helpline: 0808 802 9999
·        Herts Rape Crisis: 01707 27 6512. Providing a free and confidential service to women aged 18 and over who live in Hertfordshire and have been raped or sexually abused or assaulted at any time in their lives. They also support friends and families who are supporting survivors of sexual violence. 
·        Mankind. 01823 334244. If you are a male victim of domestic abuse or sexual violence, Mankind are there to listen, provide support and give you information including signposting to local services. 

Historical sexual violence and abuse

If you have experienced sexual violence or abuse in the past (before University or in your childhood) you can make an appointment to speak to the University’s Student Support Advisor (EDI and Sexual Violence) by emailing who will be able to provide support and signpost to local services. 
If you are reporting this experience using Report and Support, you can ask to be contacted directly by one of these members during the reporting process. 
You can also request mental health support or counselling support from Student Wellbeing
You may want to consider reporting this directly to the police or through Herts Rape Crisis / Mankind. Victim support can also provide help and support independent of the University. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened